Wednesday, July 24, 2013

$3.99 Kindle ebook that can save your teens life, and change yours

 
I had a girlfriend, at 21, commit suicide while I was away. I have lived with that guilt forever. Several friends and family members have done the same thing. Throughout my life, I have met, talked to, and attempted to assist anyone that appeared to be broken, as long as they were willing to help themselves. I wrote this book to show how people feel. To allow the reader to feel, truly feel and associate with the characters. This is a book of feelings. Characters are depressed, angry, sad, elated, full of fear, confused, frustrated, hysterical, jealous, and lonely.

I stopped drinking a few decades ago. In my drinking, and in my not, I have found many other broken people. I frequent coffee houses the way that most everyone else frequents a bar. In these places, I meet more broken people. My exposure to these people made me want to write this book.

This book is fiction. It is a made-up story of five people. Five people that have different problems, different lies, and different issues. It’s a story about losing. Winning. And, ultimately, finding yourself. It is told through the voices of all five people. One of these people, the main character, is an overbearing asshole. He is vulgar, he is obese, and he is always talking thrash to whoever he encounters. He hates people. But he loves to help people that he wants to. He meets people. He encounters a lot of people he doesn’t help. But he encounters these people, and their lives are changed. His mind, and his life, throughout this process, changes as well.

A suicidal girl is one. She is bulimic.

Another is somewhat of an intelligent dreamer. She is the heroine in the book.

A homosexual son of a former Marine war veteran. He can’t tell his dad he is gay.

And, the romantic. He comes from a home without a father. He has issues of his own, but, overall, he’s a great guy.

The reviews of this book are remarkable. Remarkable. Everyone agrees, this is a book that you must read. You must. It will, without a doubt, be one of the best reads you ever had. Additionally, it will have a greater, a deeper, and a longer lasting effect than anything else you’ve read or seen.

This is New Adult fiction like no other. If there was a book that you knew, literally knew…going into reading it, that it would make you cry, make you think, and make you reflect on yourself as a whole, would you read it? If this book had the most power of any other book that you have ever read. Any. If the book was grand enough to make you sit back and say, “Wow. I think I need to read that again…” and you immediately started over, would you read it?

Broken People, by Scott Hildreth is that book. You will, without a doubt see yourself in this book, in at least one of the characters, you will. It is an amazing piece, and has an amazing story to tell.

Read this book. You will not be anything but amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment